This website, www.gnum.com (the “Site”) and/or the associated mobile application (“App”), and all personal information collected from users of the Products and Services, are owned solely by GNum Pte. Ltd. (“GNum”, “us” or “our”) and/or its associated/affiliated companies, whether in Singapore or abroad (collectively, the “Group”).
Commonly collected personal data of our Customers typically include, amongst other things, names, addresses, telephone (landline and mobile) numbers, e-mail addresses, identification numbers, nationalities, dates of birth and credit card information.
Collection of personal data
Wherever possible, we only collect personal data directly from you. Without limitation, this can occur during or before you: -
(1) sign up to receive information;
(2) set up an Account on the Site and/or App;
(3) purchase our Products and Services through the Site and/or App;
(4) provide any feedback or complaints with regards to our Products and Services through the Site; and/or
(5)participate in any marketing activity held by us including but not limited to lucky draws, surveys, events, activities or social media offerings.
In addition to personal data provided to us, certain information related to you that is not considered personal data may also be collected. We collect this information to improve our Site and/or App, our Products and Services and other online services. Such non-personal data may include information such as your IP address, the internet browser you use, details of your interaction with our Site and/or App, shopping habits, preferences and information about your lifestyle or preferences such as your hobbies and interests and other types of non-personal data.
We may also receive personal information about you from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. This may include information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties.
Collection of personal data by other websites
This Site uses plug-ins from the social network Facebook, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. If you access a page on our Site that contains a plug-in, your browser will establish a direct link to Facebook’s servers. The plug-in content will then be sent directly to your browser by Facebook and included on the relevant web page. Facebook will be notified that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our Site, even if you do not have a Facebook account or if you are not logged on to your Facebook account. You IP address will be sent directly by your browser to a Facebook server in the USA and registered on that server.
If you are logged on to Facebook when you browse our Site, Facebook may directly link your visit to our Site, to your Facebook account. If, for example, you click on ‘Like’ or leave a comment on Facebook in relation to our Site while using a plug-in, the corresponding information will be transmitted to and registered on a Facebook server and published on your Facebook account. Facebook may use such information for advertising and market research purposes, and may adapt its pages accordingly. Facebook may therefore create user profiles including information about users’ interests and relationships, to determine how users react after having seen an advertisement on Facebook, inform other Facebook users about the activity of our Website and offer other services linked to Facebook
If you do not wish Facebook to link information collected via our Site to your Facebook account, you should log out of Facebook before visiting our Site.
Using your personal data
We collect personal data from our existing and prospective customers and employees for various reasons. Without limitation, these purposes include:
(1) improving our Products and Services and your experience on our Site and/or App;
(2) managing your Account;
(3) processing credit transactions for the depositing of funds in your Account through our Site and/or App;
(4) analyzing the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions;
(5) customising your Site and/or App experience, as well as evaluating statistics on Site and/or App activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you have visited it before and what site referred you to it;
(6) making the Site and/or App easier to use and tailoring the Site and/or App and Products and Services to your interests and needs;
(7) marketing and communicating with you in relation to the Products and Services offered by us, our dealers and relevant service partners;
(8) processing orders and administering Accounts in relation to your use of our Products and Services;
(9) sending you information you have requested;
(10) responding to your comments or queries;
(11) fulfiling a legal or regulatory requirement;
(12) informing you of any changes to our terms and conditions of use of Site and/or App;
(13) improving the quality of our Products and Services with market research and surveys;
(14) supplying you with information that is relevant to your existing relationship with us;
(15) suggesting products or services which we think may interest you; or
(16) offering you the opportunity to take part in competitions and promotions.
Where we collect personal data for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons.
Sharing your personal data
GNum considers any and all messages transmitted through the Site and/or App to be private communication between the Customer and its intended recipient. As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with anyone outside our Group.
However, we may share your personal information with trusted third parties and strategic partners that work with GNum to provide products and services, or that help GNum market to customers. Such parties may either be in Singapore or abroad and may include:
(1) any member in our Group;
(2) our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyze the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions;
(3) financial institutions including credit card companies and their services providers;
(4) third parties required to process or deliver Products or Services to you;
(5) law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information;
(6) third parties who wish to send you information about their products and services, but only if you have given us your consent to do so;
(7) third party providers of services, such as data processing; or
(8) web analytics tool providers, such as Google.
We may share your personal data for the following reasons: -
(1) reasons provided under ‘using your personal data’;
(2) verification of your identity;
(3) processing purchase/credit transactions for the purchase of Products and Services through our Site and/or App;
(5) to protect the rights or property of any member of the Group (including but not limited to any intellectual property rights);
(6) to respond to claims that you violated the rights of third-parties;
(7) conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws; or
(8) to comply with a court order or other legal or regulatory requirements in the jurisdictions we operate.
In situations where a third party under contract with GNum collects personal data about you, we will require the third party to exercise reasonable care in protecting your information.
You have a right to access, change and remove the personal data held by GNum. If you wish to do so, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also access, change and remove your personal details by clicking on 'My Account'. You may also decline to receive e-mails by clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ in any marketing e-mail you receive.
If you do not want your personal data to be shared among affiliates, business partners or unrelated third parties, you may opt-out of such information sharing by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GNum uses reasonable measures to protect your personal data and to store it securely. Where personal information is entered on our Site and/or App, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect your personal data and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our security protocols to ensure that your personal data is not subject to unnecessary risks.
GNum is committed to complying with the Do Not Call ("DNC") provisions set out in the PDPA. If you have registered your telephone number with the DNC Registry, GNum will not send you promotional and marketing messages via phone calls, text messages and faxes. However, if you have previously given GNum consent to contact you for such purposes, we will continue to do so until you withdraw your consent. If you no longer wish to receive marketing and/or promotional messages from GNum and had previously provided GNum with your consent to do so, you can withdraw your consent by contacting us at email@example.com.
You hereby acknowledge that the use of the Products and Services provides third parties with a means of contacting you without knowledge of your telephone number. Accordingly, you may receive unsolicited marketing calls and/or messages from third parties via our Products and Services to your mobile device, regardless of whether you have registered your telephone number with the DNC Registry. You further agree and acknowledge that GNum is not responsible for making any such marketing calls and/or sending such messages and shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any third parties’ breach of the DNC provisions set out in the PDPA.